take back control of perimenopause
Get back to feeling yourself again with our personalised health plans, powered by testing.
100% privacy guaranteed
As featured in
together WE'll ADDRESS THE ROOT CAUSE OF YOUR SYMPTOMS
JOIN 1,000s of women balancing their hormones the future woman way
“I almost burst into tears of relief when we went through my report together!”
“Fantastic product & lovely consultation staff!”
“I felt so listened to and supported.”
READY TO GET STARTED?
The most comprehensive hormone tests on the market
We get to the root cause of what’s driving your perimenopause symptoms with easy, dried urine collection from home.
A personalised health plan for your symptoms
Your nutritionist will review your results and symptoms and provide evidence-based supplement, diet and lifestyle recommendations tailored to you.
Check your symptoms now
Common symptoms we help with
Body hair growth
Frequently asked questions
All our tests come with a personalised report and health plan and free postage.
- Classic Hormone Test: £249 or £83/month over 3 months
- Advanced Hormone Test: £349 or £116/month over 3 months
- Advanced+ Hormone Test: £499 or £166/month over 3 months
If you’d like to work with us 1-1, you can also purchase a 30 minute report review for £59 or a full 1-1 hour long consultation for £149.
At FUTURE WOMAN, we provide you with a personalised healthplan that is completely tailored to you and your symptoms. We do that by collecting as much information about you and your perimenopause symptoms as possible, and then testing your hormones at home.
- Step 1 – choose your test: Take our symptom checker to discover the best test for you based on your symptoms. If you still have questions about which test to choose, there’s an option to book in for a free 15 minute consultation with one of our women’s health experts at the end of the symptom checker.
- Step 2 – collect your sample: You’ll receive your test kit in the post 2 business days after you’ve purchased it online. Collect your samples (either dried urine or dried urine and saliva collection depending on the test) following the instructions provided inside the test kit. It’s important to test your hormones on the right day in your menstrual cycle, 5-7 days after ovulation. Once you’ve finished your collections, place your samples in the pre-paid returns mailer bag provided and post them through a letterbox on the same day. These will arrive at our partner lab who will analyse your test and send us the raw results.
- Step 3 – wait for the lab analysis: Once they’ve received your samples, our partner lab takes 7-10 business days to analyse your samples for the Classic and Advanced Hormone Tests. For the Advanced+ Hormone Test with Cycle Mapping, analysis can take up to 15 business days.
- Step 4 – complete your onboarding questionnaire: While our partner lab is analysing your results, we’ll ask you to complete a detailed onboarding questionnaire, covering your symptoms, diet, lifestyle and history. This allows us to provide the most accurate interpretation of your results and create the most personalised plan for you.
- Step 5 – receive your personalised report: 7 days after we get your results from the lab, we’ll share your personalised report. Your report will show your test results and also provide you with a personalised plan, which will include supplement, diet and lifestyle changes.
You’ll receive your test kit 2 business days after you’ve purchased the test.
Depending on where you are in your menstrual cycle, you may need to wait a few days or longer for your testing day. See FAQ ‘when is the best day to take the test’.
Once you’ve sent off your sample, you should receive your report in around 4 weeks (that’s 3-4 days for your samples to arrive at our partner lab in the US, 7-10 business days for lab testing and 7 business days for us to prepare your personalised report).
If you’ve purchased the Advanced+ with Cycle Mapping your results can take up to 5 weeks, as our partner lab has more samples to analyse.
We use dried urine testing to get the most accurate assessment of your hormones. By taking 4 samples across a 24 hour period, we can take an average reading which smoothes out the peaks and troughs of your natural hormonal fluctuations. You can read more about the accuracy of our testing methodology here.
No, it’s not included – your report should include everything you need. However, we know that sometimes it helps to talk to someone. If you have questions about the report or want to learn more about your results, you can purchase a 30 minute add-on consultation here. Many of our clients choose this option.
You can either purchase the add-on consultation at the same time as you purchase your test, or wait until you’ve received your report and purchase it then.
Classic Hormone Test & Advanced Hormone Test: The ideal day for testing is 5-7 days after ovulation. This is so we can capture an accurate reading of progesterone. In a 28 day cycle, this usually means testing on days 19-21. You can read our step-by-step guide to picking the right day for testing here.
Advanced+ Hormone Test with Cycle Mapping: This test includes daily dried urine collection across the full menstrual cycle, starting on Day 7. The test also includes 4-5 saliva collection tubes for collecting saliva across a 24-hour period.
Your report will be reviewed and prepared by one of our FUTURE WOMAN practitioners.
All of our practitioners are degree-qualified nutritionists and naturopaths, who specialise in women’s hormone health.
If you have had a hysterectomy where the uterus has been removed but the ovaries are still present, then you can test. The key here is finding the right day to test, which is 5-7 days after you ovulate. Cycle tracking and Basal Body Temperature are the best ways to assess this. Try our FREE cycle mapping guide to help you to keep track of your cycle and ovulation.
If you’ve had a total hysterectomy where the ovaries have been removed as well then you can technically test on any day. Your practitioner will be interested in testing your adrenal function, as the adrenal glands take over your hormone production from the ovaries post menopause. This is why we often recommend the Advanced Hormone test as this looks at the adrenal gland functioning as well as nutrient deficiencies, neurotransmitters and inflammation.
If you have had an oophorectomy but you still have a uterus then you can technically test on any day.
It can still be beneficial to test to assess if your hormones are impacting your symptoms and also to understand how your body is using your hormones too. As a full oophorectomy will result in menopause, we recommend testing with the Advanced Hormone Test as this will also evaluate your adrenal gland function. The adrenal glands produce a small amount of your sex hormones when the ovaries no longer do. If you have had an oophorectomy and are on HRT then we recommend testing to ensure your HRT is being metabolised correctly in the body.
Yes, you can test if you’ve been through menopause and you can test on any day.
We usually recommend our Advanced Hormone Test for clients post-menopause, as it looks at your adrenal function (which becomes even more important post menopause as our adrenal glands take over hormone production from the ovaries), neurotransmitter balance, inflammation and nutrient deficiencies.
Yes, we really recommend you test your hormones before starting HRT.
This can help us to assess which hormones you really need. For example, you may only need progesterone in the early phases of perimenopause. And testing can also show us whether we need to work on your estrogen metabolism pathways prior to starting hormone therapy.
Yes, you can and we recommend that you do!
Testing your hormones can help our practitioners assess whether your estrogen therapy is moving through the optimal pathways in the body.
For example, if your estrogen is choosing the 4-OH pathways then this can be more DNA damaging and more carcinogenic so we would want to optimise this pathway with personalised supplement recommendations.
Some types of hormone therapy can be measured better than others; therefore, it is best to get in touch with us to discuss your specific health picture. For example our urine testing works really well to monitor oral progesterone, vaginal estrogen and transdermal estrogen.