What’s included in the Full Thyroid Package?
The Full Thyroid Package includes
- A comprehensive thyroid and vitamin blood test, via finger prick collection at home
- An expert interpretation by one of our nutritionists
- A personalised plan with supplement, diet and lifestyle recommendations.
Which markers are tested?
The Full Thyroid Package provides a comprehensive assessment of your thyroid health, with many more markers than you’ll find if you test with your local GP:
- TSH: TSH stands for Thyroid Stimulating Hormone. It’s produced by the pituitary gland and modulates the production of thyroid hormones.
- Free T4: The main hormone produced by the thyroid gland. Free T4 is unbound by proteins and therefore provides a better indication of thyroid activity than total T4.
- Free T3: The other main hormone produced by the thyroid gland. This is the active form. As with Free T4, Free T3 is unbound and therefore a more reliable indicator of thyroid activity than total T3.
- Thyroglobulin Antibodies (TgAb): Thyroglobulin is a protein produced by the thyroid gland. The presence of Tg antibodies suggests there is an autoimmune disorder present.
- Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies (TPO Ab): Thyroid Peroxidase antibodies. TPO is an enzyme normally found in the thyroid gland that plays an important role in the production of thyroid hormones. The presence of TPO antibodies suggest there is an autoimmune disorder present.
- CRP: C-Reactive Protein is a substance made by the liver in response to an infection or inflammation. It therefore provides information as to whether inflammation is present in the body.
- Ferritin: Ferritin measures the amount of iron stored in the body. Ferritin is an important component of the enzymes involved in the production of thyroid hormones.
- Vitamin B12: B12 is a water soluble vitamin that assists with DNA formation and maintains the health of our nerve and blood cells. B12 deficiency can mimic signs and symptoms of thyroid disease.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin made from sunlight. Vitamin D plays an important role in regulating both autoimmune antibodies and TSH.
Who is the Full Thyroid Package for?
The full thyroid package is for women who experience any of the following symptoms or who have a family history of thyroid imbalances. We also recommend this test for any of our clients currently going through perimenopause.
- Weight gain or difficulty losing weight
- Low mood or depression
- Dry or thinning hair
- Cold hands and/or feet
- Brain fog or poor memory
- Heavy bleeding
- Irregular periods
- Heart palpitations
How does the test work?
The Full Thyroid Package test is done via finger prick blood test from home. We provide a full instruction kit with the test.
If you prefer to get your blood drawn by a professional, we recommend taking your kit to your local Superdrug where you can purchase a Phlebotomy Service for £40.
Once you’ve collected your samples, simply post them back to our partner lab using the mailer bag provided in your kit. Our partner lab will then analyse your samples and send us your results. Then our nutritionists will review your results, alongside your symptoms, and prepare your personalised report.
Which day of my cycle should I take the thyroid test?
We usually recommend clients test just after their period has ended, or a week before their period is due to start. Please avoid testing around ovulation, as this can affect the results. You may also prefer to avoid the days when you’re menstruating as this can affect the amount of blood you’re able to draw.
If you’re not getting a cycle, you can test on any day.
We usually recommend testing first thing in the morning after some vigorous exercise (e.g. HIIT) and having consumed at least 2 large glasses of water.
Fasting is not required.
How long does it take to get my results?
- It takes 2-3 business days for your kit to arrive.
- Once you’ve sent off your samples, the lab takes 7 business days to analyse your results.
- Once we have your results from the lab, our nutritionists take a further 7 business days to prepare your report.
What’s included in my report?
In your Full Thyroid Package report, you’ll receive a summary of your results and what they mean, alongside some personalised recommendations for supplements, diet and lifestyle changes.
How often should I take this test?
We recommend taking this test every 6 months or anytime your symptoms worsen.