This Brussel sprout caesar salad is full of flavour and perfect for healthy estrogen detoxification.
- 500g Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil, melted
- Large handful of cashews
- A handful of leafy greens, such as rocket
- Handful of leftover roast chicken (optional)
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked for 2-3 hours, then rinsed
- ½ cup water (or as needed)
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 clove garlic
Preheat the oven to 180C.
Put the sliced Brussels sprouts in a roasting tin and pour over the butter or oil. Add a good pinch of salt and mix everything together. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the dressing. Add the cashews to your blender along with all the remaining ingredients and blend until completely smooth, stopping to scrape the sides as needed. For a thicker dressing, use less water.
Remove the sprouts from the oven and leave to cool while you toast the cashews. In a dry pan over a medium heat, toast the cashews until slightly golden.
Toss the dressing through the sprouts, add on to a bed of leafy greens and finish with a sprinkling of the toasted cashews.