These are great to have on the go. You can make a big batch and store in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to three days. Try adding ham or smoked salmon if you like too.
Makes 8 mini muffins.
- 1 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 150g broccoli , finely chopped
- 1 red pepper , finely chopped
- 2 spring onions , sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tbsp milk or nut milk
- large pinch of smoked paprika
- 50g cheddar or gruyère, grated (optional)
- small handful of chives , chopped (or any other fresh herbs)
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 4. Brush half the butter or oil in an 8-hole muffin tin. Heat the remaining butter/oil in a pan and add the onion. Cook for 5 minutes until softened, then add the broccoli, pepper and spring onions. Fry for another 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Whisk the eggs with the milk, smoked paprika and half the cheese in a bowl. Add the cooked veg and lots of black pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the muffin holes and top each with the remaining cheese and chives. Bake for 15-17 mins or until golden brown and cooked through.