Smoothies are such a great way to start the day. You can mix yours up as much as you like – try experimenting and see which flavours you like best. They’re brilliant for adding in any superfoods or powders so you can start the day full of goodness.
This recipe gives you a basic smoothie formula so you can make your own.
- 200ml nut milk or water
- Fat (¼ avocado, 1 tbsp nut or seed butter, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1 tbsp ground flaxseed)
- Protein (small handful of nuts or seeds, 1 tbsp nut or seed butter, 1 tablespoon tahini, 1 scoop of protein powder)
- Handful of veggies (kale, spinach or 1 scoop of greens powder)
- Small handful of fruit (fresh or frozen berries, chopped apple, chopped pear)
- Boosters: ½ teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon cacao powder, ½ teaspoon turmeric, 1 teaspoon spirulina, or any powders of your choice
Simply add everything to a blender and blitz until smooth.